Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What's hardest

Many things are hard in a food allergy perspective. Here are some of them.

One of the challenges I face are parties. At sleepovers, kids eat and eat whenever. Those foods aren't safe, plus the cake and dinner. To keep me safe there, I make sure to bring a safe dinner and a cupcake for me to that person's house. I also remember to bring my medicines and keep then in a safe spot. My parents and I inform the friend's mom about my food allergies, and they make sure to stay alert.

Another hard situation I've been in is checking ingredient labels. If I'm at school, a friend's house, or another place, and I don't know if a food is safe, then I can't tell.Usually I would just ask my mom to check the ingredients for me. So, what I would do if I wasn't sure about a food, I would just skip it. It's no big deal, knowing that there are lots of other delicious foods that I can have.

The final challenge that I'm going to share is a when people pressure me to say "Yes, this food is safe.". In school, I have to make sure everyone's snack is safe. Sometimes, there is a snack that I'm not sure of, and the person wants me to say that the snack is safe. What I do is say ,"Better safe than sorry!" and move on. After all, it's just a snack, so it's not bad that I'm telling them that. They can eat it at lunch.

As you can see, I do have many challenges in my life, but I can get through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment