Saturday, November 2, 2013

Everything Changed: An Introduction

My parents first figured out that I had food allergies when I was just a baby. I had a reaction to some yogurt when I first tried it.  Later my mom took me to an allergist to see what was wrong.  That's when we found out that I was allergic to dairy and eggs. It didn't really matter to me because I was very little when it happened, but it was a lot of work for my mom. She had to figure to how to feed me and how to keep me safe.

But that's not the end of it all. When I was three, I had an anaphylactic allergic reaction to one pistachio. My dad had to Epi-pen me, and my parents took me to the hospital. I don't remember any of that because I was very little, but my parents told me all about it.

Now, I've outgrown my egg allergy, but at the allergist, my mom and I learned that I was allergic to sesame seeds. As I've aged, we've learned a lot about how to manage my food allergies. I'm here to tell you about the adventures I've come across in My Food Allergy Life.  

1 comment:

  1. You never cease to amaze me - with or without allergies.

    ReplyDelete