Sunday, November 3, 2013

Older = Action!

As I get older, I learn more about food allergies. I also act more about my allergies. When I have a chance, I teach my friends. Here's how I do it.

When I was in 5th grade, I made two writing pieces on food allergies. One was an essay, and one was a "published" book. I had a lot to say, and I wasn't afraid to hide it. Many people were amazed by my book, and my teacher said that she learned some things from it too!

Soon, I had a chance to take it a step further. When I went to a leadership summer camp, everyone got a chance to teach the group something. Lots of people taught how to make crafts and how to play an instrument. I taught them how to use a trainer Epi-pen. I had a lot of fun with it. You can check out my video on how to use a trainer Epi-pen to learn more.

When I first started sixth grade, nobody in my homeroom (including my teacher!) knew that much about food allergies. I decided to teach them about Epi-pen trainers and when and how to use one. It was kind of interesting to see them helping each other and using an Epi-pen trainer on themselves. I loved showing people how to use an Epi-pen because it helped them see what it is all about.

Now that I really know about my food allergies, I can act even more. Tip to people with food allergies: the more people that know about your food allergies, the safer and better off you are!

Warning: do not practice with a real Epi pen.  Use a trainer!

No comments:

Post a Comment