Friday, December 6, 2013

Where You Least Expect It

One day, my mom was looking at face washes in a store. She chose a face wash and started to read the ingredient label. She reads EVERY label. Some of you might think that it's not necessary to read labels on things like face washes, but it's a good thing my mom did read the ingredients! The second ingredient on the list were crushed walnut shells. Walnuts are a type of tree nut, and I'm severely allergic to tree nuts!

 I'm touch sensitive, which means when one of my allergens, such as milk, touches my skin, I have an allergic reaction. Usually I just get rashes and occasionally ecxema (an extra itchy rash with a bump in the middle), so I don't have to go to the hospital or even take my Epi-pen. If my mom hadn't read the ingredient label on that face wash, there wound've been some pretty gross consequences. My face probably wound've gone bright red, itchy, and splotchy, although the symptoms could be anything. Note to all people with food allergies: Read all ingredient labels!   

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Kate. You never know where allergens might pop up!

    ReplyDelete